The Diesel Maintenance Tech (B) Overview:
Coca Cola Consolidated, Inc.
2nd Shift Mon - Friday
2:30pm - 11:00pm
Red Classic (RCT)is a subsidiary of Coca-Cola Consolidated, Inc. (CCCI), the nation's largest Coca-Cola bottler. Our diesel mechanics service both RCT and CCCI fleet equipment. This posting is for our CCCI facility in (Indianapolis, IN).
The Diesel Maintenance Tech (B) is responsible for repairing and maintaining all medium to heavy duty customer vehicles and equipment (class 8 semis, forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.) which includes routinely performing preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance to ensure efficient vehicle operations. The Diesel Maintenance Tech (B) will perform job duties independently with little to no supervision & must be equipped with personal tool box. Diesel Maintenance Tech (B) will also be responsible for coaching and mentoring Diesel Maintenance Tech (C) employees as needed.
Full knowledge and understanding of repairing and replacing all structural, body and mechanical parts of a variety of diesel equipment. Must possess basic computer entry (PC) skills.
* Diesel/automotive trade school diploma (+) 3 years previous experience in heavy duty trailer maintenance or 3-5 years verifiable experience in heavy duty trailer maintenance.
* DOT Brake/Annual inspector certified.
* Proficient welding and metal fabrication skills.
* Diagnose and repair or replace lights, wiring and GPS tracking system.
* Diagnose and repair ABS and air brake systems.
* Must complete all required paperwork, adhere to and maintain a high level of housekeeping.
* Ability to maintain parts inventory process.
* Basic computer skills.
* Basic truck driving skills.
* Operate with minimal supervision.
* Professional/appropriate interaction with internal & external customers
* Adhere to all CCCI safety guidelines