Our vision is to create long-term value for our customers and employees by understanding their goals and delivering comprehensive, innovative solutions that meet their expectations for quality and performance. We empower our employees to do the right thing at the right time for the right cost, and to build relationships with our customers and each other to drive a sustainable future. We respect and foster partnerships with all our team members while promoting their continual growth and achievement. GEMCO offers customers a comprehensive approach to projects, both large and small. During the planning, designing, and construction phases, we are committed to exceeding our customer s expectations on every project. Whether a large, new construction project or a small tenant finish, GEMCO approaches each job with the same sense of dedication and quality. Innovative engineering, exemplary job performance, and on-going service after job completion are just a few of the qualities that make us unique.
Function of Job
Under administrative supervision from a designated trade manager, to plan, coordinate and supervise new construction and remodeling of existing buildings. You must have extensive experience performing repairs on different piping systems, snaking drains, fixing leaks, and installing pipes and water heaters. We pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service and expect all of our Plumbers to be able to work independently to troubleshoot issues, make the repairs, and test the systems to ensure they work correctly and that there are no lingering issues that may need further repairs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Diagnose plumbing problems and perform repairs
- Install, assemble, maintain, and repair pipes and plumbing fixtures
- Locate and repair water line leaks and remove clogs
- Install and/or repair household appliances like dishwashers, water heaters, toilets, sinks, etc.
- Test plumbing and other installed fixtures to ensure proper function
- Follow state laws and regulations and adhere to local building codes
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Core Values Application
- Recognizing and acting on key factors to finalize important decisions
- Always Do the Right Thing; Encourage Others to Do the Right Thing
- Start Projects Well; Make Decisions that enable this.
- Assign Personnel based on Strengths & Weaknesses for Optimal Performance.
- Anticipate Key Factors that lead to Success
- Manage Labor to Ensure Target Profitability
- Make All Decisions with a Safety-First Mindset; Persuade All Personnel to do the same.
- Fulfilling what I consented to do, even if it means unexpected sacrifice
- Manage Competing Interests (Potential Distractions) to Focus on Priorities to get the Right Things Done at the Right Time
- Clarify & Communicate Expectations to my Team so Customers can depend on us to get the job done right and on time.
- Do everything possible to ensure a Safe Working Environment so employees families can depend on their loved one returning home safely.
- Clear and Consistent Communication to ensure everyone is on the same page.
- Resolve problems quickly and equitably.
- Recognizing and doing what needs to be done before I am asked to do it.
- Anticipate Labor Issues and provide solutions before they occur
- Actively seek input from others and listen
- Learn from mistakes and share this learning
- Over-Communicate with all stakeholders (team, other trades, customer, leadership)
- Model a high level of Commitment for Team Members (Travel, Diligence, Long Hours, Safety, etc.)
- Tackle unpleasant tasks in a cheerful and timely manner
- Effectively utilizing the people and tools available to overcome challenges.
- Lead and Manage People Resources well by assigning people based on strengths & weaknesses
- Consistently put Team Members in the best position for Triple Win: Team Member, Customer & Gemco
- Be a valuable resource to teammates and customers
- Utilize subcontractors and rental equipment wisely
- Communicate Consistently with Directors and Project Manager to optimize resources
- Ensure that Everyone has the Tools, Equipment & Training to consistently work safely
- Willingness to change plans or ideas to benefit the greater good.
- Make yourself available to assist other teammates
- Listen and adjust plans based on input from others
- Lead others to adjust their plans when changes are necessary
- Adjust to maintain a safe work environment
- Be willing to perform work other than core responsibilities for the good of the team, customer & company
- Willingness to Travel Extensively
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Any combination totaling four years (48) month s work experience in building construction, remodeling, construction project coordination experience.
- Knowledge of all phases of building construction, including work commonly done by the various building crafts.
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and structural systems.
- Knowledge of building materials, tools, and machines.
- Knowledge of building material costs and wages.
- General computer, writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Completion of a vocational school certificate program, associate degree, or apprenticeship preferred
- Valid state plumbing license
- 1+ years of professional plumbing experience
- Able to read technical designs and blueprints
- Proficient with plumbing tools, materials, and equipment
- Expert knowledge in piping and ventilation systems
- Available to work on call and respond immediately to plumbing emergencies
- The position requires standing, bending, reaching, lifting a majority of the work day.
- Lift repetitively 50 pounds.
- Climb ladders.
- Work from scaffolding and lifts.
- Drive a company vehicle (truck).
- Capable of driving long distances between job sites.
- Other manual labor as required.
This information should not be construed as the position s exclusive standards. Performing other assigned duties is required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Employees are responsible for knowing and following all company policies and procedures and Federal, State, and Local governmental regulations including Environmental Health and Safety requirements while working and representing GEMCO.