Large multi-specialty medical practice in Greenwood, IN
Full-Time Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Gathers information about patient accounts and corrects or forwards information to insurance companies on a regular basis. Following-up on specified accounts and makes sure the final follow-up is complete. Gathers charge information, codes, enters into database, completes billing process, and distributes billing information accordingly.
- Assists with phone duty for assigned alphabet for billing office.
- Responsible for follow-up procedures of insurance company requests. This could include obtaining requested information from various entities including hospitals, accessing by computer or telephone.
- Posting and working denials from the insurance companies.
- Posting payments when needed accurately in a timely manner.
- Entering charges when needed accurately in a timely manner.
- Verifying patient Insurance Information and enter into systems accurately in a timely manner
- Refunding Insurance and Patient Accounts when the needed.
- Minimum of five years experience with all aspects of medical billing ( i.e., CPT, ICD-10, charge entry, payment entry and A/R follow- up).
- Experience with E/M coding and charge entry
- Extensive knowledge of medical insurance and coding, (CPT, ICD-10, Medical Terminology, and Medicare Guidelines)
- Extensive knowledge of insurance web sites and research
- Knowledge of billing practices and clinic policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of coding and clinic operating policies as well as knowledge of working with insurance vendors.
- Skill in using a computer and calculator. (at least 50wpm)
- Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with patients and co-workers.
- Ability to communicate clearly and maintain confidentially.