There s nothing like it being up in the trees. Once you experience that sense of freedom and adventure, it becomes a part of you. We want to help grow that passion with career opportunities, supportive leadership and a dedication to safety.
We re the second-largest vegetation management company in North America and always growing. But really, we re in the people success business; we just happen to trim trees.
Who you are
- Open-Minded: open to new ideas, willing to listen and observe, humble
- Love the Outdoors: enjoys varying environments/weather, not afraid to get dirty, adventurous
- Self-Motivated: driven, strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes
- Adaptable: can think on your feet, nimble, flexible
- Collaborative: strong people skills, able to give and receive constructive feedback, willing to speak-up
What you ll do:
- Be part of a tight-knit crew working in a team environment
- Perform line clearing and tree trimming duties for Lewis Tree Service s utility customers including pruning trees and limbs, trimming or removal of trees as well as removing broken limbs from wires, roofs, etc.
- Climb trees for manual trimming and removals in and above the power lines.
- Prepare, operate and maintain all tools and equipment including hand tools, chainsaws, chippers, and aerial lifts.
- Remove limbs and brush, cleanup and dispose of debris.
- Mixing and apply spray chemicals, preserving desirable vegetation
- Safeguard employees and the public from hazards in and around the working area. Help enforce on-the-job safety practices.
What you ll need:
- At least one year s experience working as a Trimmer/Climber, working around utility wires.
- Knowledge of trees including identification, growth habits and correct arboriculture techniques for the trimming, pruning, repairing, maintaining and removing, as applicable to working close to energized conductors.
- Experience in tree climbing, knot tying and PPE
- Ability to perform physical labor such as lifting a minimum of 50 lbs. to shoulder height or more.
- Capable of operating two-handed equipment (chain saw, circular saw, etc.) and have the physical ability to endure extreme climate variances.
- Willing and able to obtain specialized training and certifications as required, such as:Local, state and federal licenses
- First Aid and CPR cards
- Pass a pre-employment drug test and job duty skills tests
- Specialized paid training & certifications
- Career advancement opportunities
- Health insurance plans
- Paid time off
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Retirement & savings plans options
- Employee assistance program
2 years: Tree Care Experience
Licenses & Certifications
First Aid Certification