Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!This position will be responsible for delivering remarkable customer service by providing customers with exceptional product knowledge, efficient service and a friendly attitude. This team member position will be exposed to a variety of retail tasks related to the quality of digital customer experiences by providing efficient, effective customer service that creates a positive and lasting impact on Meijer customers.
What You'll be Doing:
- Ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and team members.
- Communicates the Meijer Friendly Initiative in all conversations and interactions.
- Responsible for empowering self and peers to ensure customer service and sales goals are exceeded and the area is maintained to Meijer standards.
- Promotes a safe work environment.
- Selecting high quality produce and undamaged items for daily orders
- Scanning efficiently and accurately
- Substituting and out of stocking appropriately
- Documenting changes accurately
- Consolidates completed shopping waves into designated storage areas
- Retrieve orders from storage locations and prepare for hand-off to customer
- Acts as a customer Liaison and communicator for product availability, substitutions, payment and directing customer flow
- Will have access to customer facing communication device
- Communicate to customer efficiently and accurately around product out of stocks and substitutions
- Gives final direction on traffic flow (cars, customers, order movement)
- Responds appropriately to 'real time' customer feedback and takes action when necessary
- This team member will leave a lasting impression with customers, should demonstrate positivity, gratitude and appreciation
- Reliable and consistent attendance required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- High school diploma or its equivalent required.
- 2-3 years of related retail experience.
- Knowledge and experience in other areas of the store such as meat, bakery, produce, and deli is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a way that provides clear and precise direction.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work safely at all times
- Successful completion of all required certifications.