- Ensures adherence to all bakery GMPs and safety policies and regulatory requirements.
- Lead plant quality programs, processes and systems to ensure performance meets or exceeds regulatory, company and customer expectations
- Work closely with all departments and levels throughout the organization to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Manage food safety and quality incidents and non-conformances at the site while working closely with all departments cross-functionally to collaboratively identify, root-cause and solve quality opportunities and aid in developing processes to prevent recurrence in coordination with the corporate headquarters
- Demonstrate continuous improvement in all food safety systems; analyze quality data and performance, including SPC, to provide information and insight on business improvement opportunities
- Responsible for site product release and approval of all product, raw materials, packaging and process specifications, quality food safety risk assessments and change management
- Develop, train, and lead factory staff to deliver on food safety & quality initiatives
- Support internal and external 3rd-party food safety and quality audits
- Lead microbiological control and improvement programs
- Directs and performs comprehensive sanitation and food safety audits.
- Perform other tasks and special projects as assigned
- Direct supervision of quality technicians.
Education and Experience
Bakery Industry experience is must
- Bachelor s Degree in a Quality, Food Science, Microbiology or Science-related field
- Minimum of 5+ years food plant experience with direct supervision
- Must be an SQF Certified Practitioner with 3+ year s SQF quality experience or have equivalent experience with another GFSI standard
- Previous team leadership & GFSI standard implementation experience
- Excellent critical thinking and time management skills
- Preventive Control Qualified Individual training strongly preferred
- In-depth knowledge of food microbiology, product sampling plans and environmental monitoring programs as well as US FDA FSMA regulations, one or more GFSI schemes, and GMPs
- Lean Six Sigma certification preferred