Indianapolis, IN 46250 US (Primary)
Operations / Manufacturing / Assembly
dormakaba is hiring Assemblers in its Indianapolis, IN facility. The Assembler is responsible for performing several different assembly functions; this individual is generally comfortable in a variety of assembly stages and performs these tasks with little or no supervision. The Assembler Sr. has a wide scope of responsibility in that he/she is assumed to be a person who has the skills and training to perform at the majority of assembly positions with minimal training, and is capable of retaining the knowledge each function requires. He/she is responsible for the quality of the final product and will provide support to others when needed. The Assembler reports directly to the Production Supervisor and will work closely with other assemblers, Customer Service and lead person. There are no direct reports to this position.
* Perform a variety of complex and intricate assembly operations and processes on production assemblies.
* Use a variety of processing equipment and tools to assemble and check components and subassemblies.
* Use basic test equipment to make routine mechanical measurements and to replace a faulty component, and wiring as needed. Identify and correct assembly problems.
* Work under minimal supervision on standard assembly sequence operations and assist in training less experienced assemblers. Specific duties vary with area of assignments.
* Performs duties and responsibilities as described in the quality system.
* Perform other job-related functions as required by a supervisor.
* Responsible for the safe operations of assigned tasks.
* Skills or experience with personal computers, including MRP and SABLE.
* Knowledge of assembly processes.
* Ability to read and interpret customer order requisitions.
* Ability to remember various functions requirements and the components needed to assemble each one.
* Ability to meet assembly standards and recommend efficiency improvements.
* Ability to be a self-motivated individual.
* Ability to be a quality conscious individual capable of achieving quantity requirements.
* Skills to assemble a variety of products accurately while maintaining a pace dictated by the department.
* High school diploma or equivalent
dormakaba is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes through this site or directly to managers. dormakaba does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company absent a signed agreement with approved Talent Acquisition dormakaba representative.