The Genetic Analysis Sales Representative, IL/IN/MI position is part of the commercial organization supporting the Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) portfolio which provides high-value genomic data to assist critical decisions in research and applied markets - Quantitative PCR | Sanger Sequencing | Human Identification | AgriGenomics.
Based remotely to cover Chicago, Northern IN (West Lafayette, S. Bend), and Western MI (Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo).
Position Summary: Genetic Analysis Sales Representative, IL/IN/MI
This position is a field sales based position responsible for achieving or exceeding the assigned territory sales plan. The Genetic Analysis Sales Representative will have a strong technical acumen in the areas of qPCR, sequencing (Sanger) and microarray. The Genetic Analysis Sales Representative will demonstrate technical credibility to effectively consult with customers to influence key decisions on technology and product choices. Strong sales and business acumen is also required to build successful account and territory plans and translate territory strategy into business results. Required skills for this position include; selling experience in Biotech Pharma and Clinical accounts, technical familiarity with product lines and markets, funnel management and forecasting.
What will you do?
How will you get here?
- Demonstrates technical ability to consult with customers on applications to maximize technology utilization and promote current advances in protocols, kits and capabilities. Understands and navigates competitive offerings to best position solutions.
- Consumable Sales Acumen- Successfully drives reagent throughput and attachment rates, driving enhanced utilization of qPCR, sequencing and microarray technologies. Consult with customers to build relationships and focus on project needs and workflows to maximize consumable usage.
- Commitment to rigorous territory planning, market knowledge, both accurate and timely forecasting- for both run rate and big deal/project based instrument and consumable orders.
- Team Work- Successful experience working in a team environment.
- Develops and manages a business plan to meet or exceed business goals agreed upon with Thermo Fisher Scientific commercial management for the territory.
- Effectively competes to win projects vs. competitors. Successfully position our solutions to address performance, workflow and budget.
- Manage instrument install base and consumable utilization. Target customers not using our instruments and consumables. Identify the applications, reagents, assays and protocols available and convert the business.
- Consistently and accurately manages sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use of our customer relationship management program and other designated IT tools.
- Develops and maintains current knowledge of genetic analysis markets, products and buying practices required to effectively compete in the assigned territory.
- Utilizes product and application knowledge across the genetic analysis portfolio to successfully conduct consultative and strategic selling presentations.
- Understands customer goals, priorities and challenges such that our company solutions are best positions to address customer needs.
- Requires a Bachelor s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field. A Master s or PhD degree is desirable.
- Requires a minimum of 3 years field sales experience in Life Sciences.
- Experience selling Capital equipment and large account management experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of qPCR, sequencing, and/or microarray is preferred.
- Knowledge of accounts in territory is preferred.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com