BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated Material Handler for an opportunity in Indianapolis, IN
Job Role: Material Handler
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Expected Duration: 12 Months Contract
- Accountable for the decision making related to his/her process based on the SOPs and User Manuals defined requirements.
- Read work orders or receive verbal instructions to determine work assignments for material or equipment needs.
- Ensure manufacturing areas are fully stocked and have the products they need (supplies, components, raw materials) to maintain continuity of operations. Must replenish Kanban systems for Conversion and Pack.
- Prepare and document, materials distribution activities for dispatch to the area of operations, verifying documents (work orders) to ensure materials to be used, status, ensuring that materials meet the quality requirements and following established procedures
- Move merchandise, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas.
- May set up, install protective devices, such as bracing, padding and adjust forming, filling, wrapping, and other packaging machines to prepare and then stock finished good materials.
- Store and stack materials in the warehouse according to client standards.
- Need to be familiarized with daily operations to understand which orders are needed to prepare and pick the right materials to address business needs appropriately.
- Keeps manufacturing conversion and packaging lines supplied with components and products materials to maintain continuity of operations.
- May be involved in the process of extracting and loading the material to be transported as per schedule requirements.
- Maintain materials and product storage areas to ensure that inventory is protected.
- Follow policies and procedures, monitoring and practicing the necessary safety and security measures to prevent occupational accidents and to use the equipment according to its instructions. Perform basic cleaning of the work area.
- Use safety equipment required for different tasks and perform required inspections for the equipment use as per the specific procedures or processes
- Perform other related duties as may be delegated and to support quality, organizational and/or management objectives.
- 3-5 exp preferred
- Knowledge in computer systems (MS Office)
- Communication skills for interacting with business partners.
- Good organizational skills to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Individual and group presentation skills.
- Proper time management.
- Analytical skills and mathematics.
- Ability to work in a structurally detailed manner.
- Ability to learn quickly in a structured environment.
- Experience in manufacture of medical devices, preferably
- High School Diploma or GED
BCforward began as an IT business solution and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solution's organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
We must inform you that during the hiring process, we may ask for you to disclose and provide us with various categories of your personal information, including identifiers such as your name and address, professional information, commercial information, education information, and other related information. Please note that we will only use this information to facilitate and complete the recruiting process. This posting is not an offer of employment. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and willing to cooperate with a background check and drug screen, to the extent permitted by federal and local laws up to and including both criminal and financial reviews. The submission of intentionally false or fraudulent information in response to this job posting shall render the applicant ineligible for the position. BCforward is an equal opportunity employer. Any subsequent offer of employment shall be considered employment at will regardless of the anticipated assignment duration.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 112674 when responding to this ad.