JOB SUMMARY: The Accounts Payable Clerk will be responsible for verifying the accuracy of all claims submitted to the hospital and other entities for payment and for the distribution of these payments per established procedures. The Clerk will also be responsible for maintaining files on all claims processed and for preparing reports documenting the distribution of hospital funds.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Experience in computer operations.
- Accounting experience highly desired.
- Previous experience in accounts payable highly desired. Ability to operate a calculator.
- Evidence of good grooming and professional conduct.
- Record of good attendance and reliability.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good communication skills - both written and oral.
- Sense of confidentiality and honesty.
- Enjoys working with people - polite and patient at all times.
- Possess the ability to handle financial records accurately.
- Ability to work with detailed records.
- Ability to meet deadlines.