About the role
As a Receiver, you play an essential role in the customer service experience maximizing product inventory levels available. By processing freight and stocking shelves, you ensure that the store is organized and clean. While this position generally maintains floor merchandise and inventory standards, you may also be assigned as a cashier or sales assistant. You will report to the store management team.
Join us to become an industry expert in a fun and thriving retail company!
- Complete freight process while ensuring sorting area is safe and organized including unloading of truck trailers, loading of merchandise onto carts; distributing inventory to correct locations; pulling and stocking merchandise from back room and overheads; resolve inventory discrepancies
- Provide customer service by greeting and establishing a relationship with customers while informing them of our products and services.
- Maintain aisles by following established sorting and stocking guidelines
- Open and stack cases and merchandise; break down boxes and bale cardboard
- Ensure signage is correctly placed; build displays and end caps; clean and maintain merchandise
- Become familiar with and sharing Total Wine & More s product portfolio
- Maintain store safety and cleanliness standards on the sales floor, stock room, lockers, kitchen, bathroom, etc.
What we're looking for
- 21 years of age or older
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as business requires, which may also depend on your preference for part-time or full-time hours
- Experience using technology applicable to the position and access information necessary to complete daily responsibilities
- 1-year retail sales associate, merchandiser, or inventory specialist experience preferred, to include greeting customers, stocking, merchandising, managing inventory, or replenishment
- Strong interpersonal skills with a positive and engaging attitude
- Value collaboration and acting as a team player
- Desire to develop knowledge of product and services
Physical Requirements (with or without accommodations)
- Walk, bend down repeatedly, and be on feet for 8-10 hours a day
- Climb ladders and lift 50 lbs. overhead and repeatedly
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous store discounts
- Health care plans (medical, prescription, dental, vision)
- 401(k), HSA, FSA, Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Disability and life insurance coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Pet insurance
- Critical illness and accident insurance
- Discounted home and auto insurance
- College tuition assistance
- Career development, industry knowledge, and wine, spirits, and beer education
- Consumer classes
- & More!