US2160 Sysco Guest Supply, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
This role is to perform clerical duties that provide support to the warehouse manager and supervisory staff in the day to day operations of the warehouse department; this includes handling blind receiving appointments and inventory control as needed.
- Ensures all merchandise is properly counted and tagged according to established company standards.
- Verifies temperature level on all inbound merchandise requiring refrigeration.
- Performs cycle counts and verifies counts against stock status.
- Checks stock status daily for close items and prepares daily cut sheet.
- Reports any discrepancies to the warehouse management team.
- Assures clean and accurate picking sheets and invoice for associates by substituting or removing items from pick sheets according to established standards.
- Answers phones, route calls and take messages.
- Schedules inbound loads to accommodate the receiving team.
- Assists with the receiving process when needed.
- Communicates with co-workers to collaboratively resolve issues or concerns.
- Assists with keeping warehouse clean, monitoring sanitation and facility/racking damage to ensure a safe and clean warehouse.
- Helps the warehouse management team with completing and maintaining reports (e.g. processing picking documents, warehouse productivity reports) and arranges for payment of bills for the warehouse department according to established company standards.
- Works assigned schedule.
- Exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works overtime as required to meet workload demands.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
- A high school diploma, general education degree (GED), or equivalent degree.
- 1-2 years of data entry experience is required.
- Previous experience in a high volume, warehouse operation is strongly preferred.
- AS/400 and inventory control knowledge is preferred.
- Knowledge of inventory control practices, Microsoft operating system, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and AS400.
- Possesses internal customer service skills.
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently and independently.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and be detail-oriented.
- Communicate effectively with other associates and customers and develop good working relationships.
- Listen and adapt to change.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Can operate a computer, printer, copier, fax machine.
- Read and write in English.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, bend, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, coach or crawl and may have to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Primarily working in an office environment in a controlled atmosphere building, however, the associate may occasionally be exposed to varying temperature conditions in the warehouse.
- The noise level is usually moderately quiet.
- Wear required personal protective equipment (e.g. safety shoes).