Join our team to support a busy manufacturing facility with shipping/ receiving duties while also moving materials for production operations. PLEASE NOTE: These are large bundles of parts and racks of custom parts.
Summary: Under minimum supervision, prepares the items for shipment including creation, and verification of the proper records for incoming and outgoing shipments. Performs as material handler for operations.
1st shift: 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM, Monday-Friday
2nd shift: 2:00PM - 10:30PM, Monday-Friday
NOTE: We are currently seeking candidates for our 1st and 2nd shift teams.
Pay: Starting base pay is $16.50/hr
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Assists truck drivers, insuring the compliance with all RFC procedures and safety guidelines.
- Responsible for ensuring lifting devices are inspected, serviced, and maintained and for performing and documenting regular inspections, which could include checking lubrications,filling fuel tank, changing batteries, or replacing liquefied gas tanks.
- Operates lift equipment to move, load and unload materials onto or from pallets, racks, shelves and boxes by hand or with lifting devices in order to deliver material to and from the production areas.
- Responsible for loading and unloading trucks with lift equipment, including the creation of all documentation required for incoming and outgoing shipments. Must insure material is properly packed, labeled and verified for accuracy against bill of lading, pack list and any other records.
- Records shortages and corresponds with appropriate internal department to advise appropriate personnel of damage, potential damage, part count, or other discrepancies.
- Responsible for maintaining material areas which must be clean and in order with proper tagging on all materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualified Applicants Will Have:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
One to three months related experience and/or training, which includes:
- Strong computer skills, including ability to learn manufacturing software and navigate other programs as needed. Software experience with Global Shop Solutions is preferred.
- Forklift and other material handling
- Shipping and receiving paperwork, truck loading/unloading
A valid driver s license
Ability to work open shift and overtime when needed
Ability to work at Shelbyville, KY warehouse on rotational or occasional basis
Ability to meet physical demands, which includes occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs.
A strong work history, including good longevity at current or recent employers is also preferred.
Roll Forming Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, and any other federal, state, or locally protected classifications.
Please contact us at ...@voestalpine.com if you require any alternate application form or accommodation during our hiring process due to disability.
REF 2019-094-01, 2020-008.027.032.087.092